On 7-8 February, Philippe Vlaemminck and Beata Guzik took part in a “WLA/EL Marketing Seminar 2019” in London. This year edition, entitled “What’s New? What’s Hot? What’s Not?” focused on current marketing trends.
At the seminar, a number of leading keynote speakers discussed social media campaigns in the lottery sector, the latest trends and upcoming challenges. Philippe Vlaemminck and Beata Guzik gave a presentation on “Ban on Gambling Ads – How to Deal Successfully with Marketing Restrictions”.
They explained the latest CJEU case-law on advertising and offered lottery operators practical solutions on dealing with marketing restrictions, including:
- Reinventing your approach towards society,
- Going further than just cause-related and profit-oriented marketing,
- Adopting a comprehensive strategy,
- Living by the values that you believe,
- Implementing environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) criteria